Yep, I am still clinging on to summer, end of summer denial? Maybe juuust a bit… In my defense, I have embraced fall at least as far a pumpkins go, so think I am alright. But with how the weather was this past week end and the beginning of the week, it was grillin’ time, baby! And farmers markets and road stand are all still loaded with eggplant and zucchini, and other late summer crops, it be a shame to not grill up some yummies!
- 2 md eggplant
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbs Hummus
- cut eggplant into 1/4″ thick slices lengthwise, salt on both sides and place in a colander in your sink to drain for 20 minutes (you will remove the excess salt in the next step, so no worries)
- Preheat gas grill or light the charcoals!
- pat or wipe dry with paper towel, and spray with olive oil (using your ‘Misto’) alternately, you can also use a brush to lightly brush oil onto both sides of the eggplant
- Grill on medium until grill marks appear, turn over and grill, with the cover down, until tender
- Place on platter and serve drizzled with Hummus Spread
- For Humus Spread: In a small bowl mix together the hummus with 2-3 tbsp water, stir until smooth.
Goes well with ‘Roasted Salmon with Coriander-Paprika Glaze’ or a nice Bison steak.
And guess what’s for desert… Pumpkin Cheesecake Minis! (recipe soon)