Soft serve state……or popsicle, fantastic either way!
You may have notice that I am
obsessed enamored with mangoes. For more on this delicious fruit, see the Mango Cheesecake and the Mango with Sticky Rice posts and a fun side salsa, geeez, I guess I am kinda crazy about them. Since it is really hard to describe a flavor so exotic and sweet that it transports you to faraway places where the sun rises red through the early morning haze and you hear a peacock’s cry in the distance. The view takes your breath away as daylight slowly uncovers the scenery, like unrolling an exquisite silk tapestry…
Well, beyond dreaming, this is not going to get much words from me, except it’ only 2 ingredients and a must-try! No added sugar since mangoes are sweet as a dream, and if you use coconut milk, the whole thing is vegan.
Remember to start this the day before you want to eat the super natural mango ice
- 2 champagne mangoes, peeled, cut into 1/2″ chunks
- about 3/4 cups coconut milk (or half & half*)
*If using half & half, the mango ice is no longer vegan
- Chop and freeze the mango pieces until rock hard. (best overnight, but minimum of 6 hours seems to work)
- Blend the chopped, frozen mango pieces, until they look crumbly, like such…
- With the machine running, slowly pour in coconut milk (or half and half, if going the dairy route) until the mango crumbles start to blend into a homogenous mass.
- Either serve right away (texture is soft serve) or scoop into a small dish or popsicle molds and freeze until solid. Will keep for several weeks, if you can keep your fingers off of it 🙂
© 2012 SimpleHealthyHomemade