Quick and easy lunch to go!
Layer the flavors of summer and sun into a jar and let your ‘brown bag’ meal sweep you away to a Greek island on your lunch break!
Per 2 cup Mason Jar:
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- a 1″ by 3″ piece of feta cheese, 1/2″ thick, cut into chunks
- 5 or 6 olives
- 1/4 tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- (optional) spinach or other greens
- Make the dressing: dice the shallot finely. In a small bowl combine the shallot, thyme, oregano salt and pepper with the vinegar, set aside for 10 minutes,
- Cut the cucumber into 4 spears, then cut into chunks.
- Dice red bell pepper.
- Cut the feta cheese into mouth sized pieces.
- Cut the 1/4 tomato into small wedges.
- Assembly: Mix in the olive oil into the vinegar mixture and layer on the bottom of your 2 cup mason jar. Followed by cucumber, bell pepper, feta cheese, olives, and tomato.
- Screw on the lid and store in the fridge until ready to take along. Before eating, shake to combine dressing with the salad ingredients and either eat straight out of the jar, or invert on a plate. If desired, bring some spinach or other bagged greens along and put the jar’s contents over the greens to serve.
Copyright © 2013 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved