I am still not feeling too talkative right now, so just a yummy recipe for you to try. Still recovering from the shock. On an up note, my dad is doing better and was able to sit up in hospital today. They ended up finding three (yes 3) aneurysms, one of which had burst. Lucky for him that was the one in his hip area, as I was told, if the abdominal one had gone, he would not even have made it to the hospital. Crazy how one minute you go to the store to pick up your new computer and the next you land in the ER… So thanks for all your positive thoughts and well wishes, it made a huge difference 🙂
And now to some yummy eats, and gluten free for those of you that have to watch, but even if not, they are just so yummy, don’t let it hold you back!
- 1/4 cup ground Hazelnuts*
- 1/4 cup potato or tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (more for serving, if desired)
- Raspberries and Pomegranate seeds for serving, or fruit and berries of choice
*also sold as hazelnut meal or filberts. or blend your own, or like me, use the remnants of a botched attempt at making hazelnut butter. I think I have to face it, my blender just does not make nut butter, no mater how hard I try. See here)
- To make the maple ‘cream’: Mix the greek yogurt in a small bowl until whipped and creamy, add the maple syrup and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Mix the flours, sugar, xanthan gum and baking powder.
- Add the milk and egg and stir until just combined, a few lumps are okay.
- Heat a skillet and rub the inside with a paper towel and some oil. (This is an easy way to control how much oil you add, and is plenty for pancakes. Repeat as needed in between batches.)
- Pour batter into hot skillet, about a 1/3 of a cup per pancake and cook like regular pancakes, until bubbles appear on the surface and bottom side is set, then flip and cook on the second side.
- Set finished pancakes aside, (to keep warm place them in the pre heated oven)
- Serve garnished with berries and a dollop of whipped maple cream.
Copyright © 2013 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved