You got no time, so you grab a coffee and a doughnut on the way to work. But by 10 am you feel hungry again, you can’t possibly make it till lunch time…
Any of that sound familiar? Maybe all of it? What if I told you, you could whip up a warm breakfast that’s healthier and much more sustaining in mere minutes?
All you need is microwave to make it happen, so either make it at home and eat it or prep it and take it to eat when you get to the office!
It’s a very forgiving breakfast so measuring is something I won’t do most days, but since it does you all little good if I write, take some of this and a little of that and a wee bit of a third thing, here it is written up 😉
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes* (this is what they look like)
- 2 tblsp chopped dates or raisins(I used the ones that come conveniently chopped and coated in oat flour so they don’t stick, but feel free to chop your own)
- 2 tblsp Goji berries, or other dried berries such as blueberries, cherries, even apricots would work
- 1/4 cup milk
* you could also make this with quick cooking oats, if you can’t find Quinoa flakes, adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl, stir and microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 min. Stir after the first minute or it might ‘grow’ out of the bowl as it cooks.
- Let cool a bit, and eat.
Copyright © 2014 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved