If you look closely, you can see the lavender flowers in the pancake
When you are craving pancakes, being gluten free can be a bit trying at times. So today I set out to make myself a non egg-heavy breakfast for once.
And to spice it up a bit, I decided to go in the direction of Provençe… Yes, lavender flowers and 🙂 I added honey because it goes well together!
Serves 2, unless you are super hungry like I was this morning
- 3/4 cups gluten free flour mix (I used the Bob’s Red Mil Biscuit mix)*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried lavender
- 2-4 tsps local raw honey, for topping
* You an also use your own mix, try a 60/40 ratio of rice flour and chick pea flour, add a 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, a pinch of salt, a pinch of xanthan gum
- Mix dry ingredients then add egg, and milk and stir until combined and almost smooth (a few small lumps are ok) If dough seems thick, add little more milk
- Heat a little oi in a skillet and cook by the 1/4 cup fulls like you would for regular pancakes. Repeat until all the dough has been used up. Makes about 6-8.
- Serve topped with a spoon full of raw honey as shown.