So just a quick and easy one, since it looks like it is going to storm real soon and that means I will unplug the computer. But the
zucchini is flourishing and liking the rainstorms! Less watering for me is also a good thing.
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 tbsp Romano or other hard cheese, shaved bits
- Heat up the grill. I am using a gas grill for no with time, but I bet this would be fabulous on a charcoal grill!
- Place Zucchini on work surface and slice a little more than 3/4 way into (but not all the way through) about every 1/8 to 1/4 inches. The easiest way to do this is to place a wooden spoon or spatula on either side of the zucchini, that way it will stop your knife from slicing all the way through.
- Slice the garlic clove(s) paper thin. Then stick one garlic sliver into each of the harmonica cuts on the zucchini. Drizzle or brush the whole thing with some olive oil, sprinkle with a little sea salt. The zucchini won’t lie flat, after you are adding the garlic, so you will have to grill it slightly on its side. Making sure to cut the garlic really thin minimizes the curve, and the vampire deterrent breath 😉
- Grill with the cover closed until soft and slightly browned, about 6-8 minutes per side. If your grill has limited temp. adjustment, you may have to grill partially over in direct heat, meaning you turn the grill on but not right under the zucchini.
- Remove from grill carefully and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
Ready to be devoured! (And the grilled avocado? To die for! If you’ve never had it, you must try it!)
Copyright © 2014 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved