On days when it is just too hot to cook or for that matter eat anything that isn’t iced or at least from the fridge, this quick little recipe comes in extra handy. You don’t need an ice cream maker, and therefore don’t have to plan on freezing the ice cream maker container the day before, so it can be quite a spur of the moment thing!
And all it takes are 3 ingredients, or two, if the cherries are quite sweet and your taste is not terribly sweet spoiled 😉
- 1 cup frozen black cherries (pitted, yes please no stones in these!)
- 1 tsp to 1 tblsp raw sugar
- 1/4 cup cream, or light cream, even some nice raw milk will work.
- In the bowl of a good food processor, combine the cherries and the sugar, pulse until everything is crushed and starts to resemble a powder.
- With the machine running, in a slow stream add cream (or milk or half & half) through the feed hole on the lid of the blender bowl. You may have to scrape down the sides once or so as you are going through this, but work quickly as the cherries will start to thaw rapidly as you are processing them. Keep adding cream through the feed hole in the lid until desired consistency is reached. This will create a soft ice cream,(almost like soft serve) either eat right away, or place in the freezer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes to firm up a bit before serving.
Copyright © 2014 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved